How to Make Your Office Computer Run Faster
The tools available in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Service Pack 3 help to make your computer faster, maintain your computer efficiency, and help safeguard your privacy when you’re online.
Removing Spyware to Protect Your Computer From Viruses
Spyware collects personal information from individuals without the user’s consent – the information often times includes websites visited, as well as usernames and passwords. With this confidential information, Spyware can potentially put individuals at risk of not only confidentiality violations, but also disrupting the computer’s performance.
In order to fight against Spyware, it is recommended that a PC safety scan from Windows Live One Care, which is a free scan service that assists in checking for and removing viruses. Additionally, downloading Microsoft Security Essentials or Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool can help protect your computer’s operation system from the following: viruses, spyware, adware, and other malware.
How to Free Up Disk Space
In order to free up space on your hard disk, it is suggested that you use the Disk Cleanup tool, which locates files that can be safely deleted and then allows you to decide which files you would like to delete.
Disk Cleanup Can be Used to Perform the Following Tasks:
- Remove temporary Internet files.
- Delete downloaded program files, such as Microsoft ActiveX controls and Java applets.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Remove Windows temporary files, such as error reports.
- Delete optional Windows components that you don’t use.
- Delete installed programs that you no longer use.
- Remove unused restore points and shadow copies from System Restore.